Parish Priest: Fr. Michael Finneran
Tel: (090) 96 42256 - Mobile: 087 2408483
The parish of Clontuskert is the oldest in the historic diocese of Clonfert. We are told that "South of and not far from the boundary of Kilclooney parish is the ruin of a monastery, the Augustinian Priory of Clontuskert. It was reputedly founded in the eighth century by Betan of Clontuskert, whose death is recorded in the Annals at AD 805AD."
St. Augustine’s parish church, Clontuskert, was built in the year 1820. The stone plaque in the side chapel reads, “O Lord have mercy on those who contributed to erect this Chapel under the inspection of the Revd. James O’Donnell P.P. 1820”